Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pedro The Lion

Growing up, David Bazan's Pedro the Lion was my favorite band.
Near my graduation from high school it was becoming clear that Bazan was parting
company with Christianity. At the time I was not discerning and I mostly
lost touch with the my affections for Pedro the Lion. I figured the music
was just Christian enough to warrant the label: Christian Indie Rock.
Sadly no.
"I'm very content where I am right now," Bazan says.
In his song, Hard To Be, Bazan sings about the Biblical doctrine of Sin Nature
and his family's disapproval.
"No congratulations from my faithful family
some of whom are already fasting to intercede from me."

Pray for David's mother.

1 comment:

Clint said...

At the very least, you know where He stands. It seems better (though it probably isn't) to deny God openly than to deny that you are denying Him. I'm sure his mother is very broken-hearted.